CREATE ME A UNIVERSE


Create me a universe
Filled with multiple stars
Surreptitiously will I paint each
For the sky should be art
Borrow me the oceans
In foams will I draw
Every ripple in a precious way
And none will go unnoticed

Give me the evening
I'll synthesize the sun in
All should be beautiful
Including the clouds around
Let the moon for once meet at my table
Even for one afternoon
That I may sketch it's shadows
Soon will I return it

Send in the flowers
And I'll paint them afresh
Even the lifeless ones
That I may brighten their fringe
Let me carve out the hills
Where real freedom abounds
Where the sea meets the sky
And the horizon is perfect blue

Even the vivacious
Can be sculpted afresh
That the earth may be less lonesome
Where there is more than just me
If I want I'll paint the hills
And lighten the sky
But I must be cautious
So I do not please my eyes alone