SPACED



I know you’ve been hiding your grieve
And I’ve had my head bowed
You’ve been quiet
And I’ve been silent
So, with who shall anyone reason?
These distances do us apart
Meeting again might not be possible
It is true I may have asked for a heart
And your spurned act
Should have passed me by like a flowing water
But I’ve always wondered
Why does my heart still grieve?
Why are the eyes still moist?
That which was to happen is happening
Hoping to forget about it and move on
For no trace of this might remain tomorrow
I do care about you so much, and yes I do
Even the veins in me can attest to that
But what can I do from the distance you’ve kept me
When your request for space I must respect
Even though it makes me feel somehow
If I ever hurt you in anyway
I’m sorry, I truly mean that
But when walls come up between hearts
They no longer hold a house together