ADIOS


Seated beside the moving waters
Engulfed in its rushing rhythmic songs
Brings to mind your spoken words
During the space of time in arrears

On its bouncing sparkling surface
Comes a reflection of illumination
Which flows through the woodlands
Where I reminisce about my yester

For so long on this lone journey
Your smooch with distance
Has barred our blissful moments
Turning those beatific smiles into sighs

Here, in my sequel ruminative state
Do I cogitate about each day of rays
The sincerity and laughter you gave
Is an achingly priceless possession of time

As I wonder in ecstasy
Amidst the buzzing of each day
Will I look for signs that echo to me
Those happy and serene moments you sent my way

This flame of friendship we’ve kindled together
Shall forever burn within my heart
And while I’ll learn to live away from your sight
I wish we only never had to part