Do You?




Here I am poised before a mirror
And guess what came to mind
A question about my abstract being
Wanting to know if you love me
If you ever felt this pain like me
The pain of separation and emptiness
You brought since we’ve moved apart

Do you ever miss me?
Even for a single moment
Or it doesn’t matter to you at all
Whether I’m at peace with my feelings
Are you deciding to put a call through?
Or is it your text I should be waiting for
Or are all these just a chimera
Which will possibly fade away?

Should I linger on with expectation?
Even till midnight when all is silent
That I may have a discussion with you
Just to know how your day went
And also discuss mine with you
Or should I just lie in bed
With my eyes closed in sleep
Dreaming of you in the night

Funny how my heart keeps reassessing
The possibility that I love you more
Than you’ll ever love me
And you’re lost in your own world
Absent-minded about me

Here I am, smiling at myself
With eyes filled with tears
Hoping earnestly that someday soon
It’s all going to be fine