THE CONFESSION

 


 

While some journey in life has kept me on my feet

Making my heart chuffed with joy and my face lit with happiness

In the same vein, some have brought me to my knees

Leaving me so dazed, wondering what just happened to me

My heart shattered, and my face looking gloomy like the skies of June

Sometimes, with my eyelids puffed due to some heavy downpour

Making me wonder which part of my life I need to retrospect into

 

The journey hasn’t been all easy, neither have the experiences been rosy

Some seem sweet, some’s been bitter, coupled with some drama

But above all, we keep moving and the memories we keep gathering

While our body keep records of it all as we go through them

 

In the midst of it, we still find the time to smile,

Share the love and laugh in light with the people that matter

And when the days of pain come, graced are thou

If you’re lucky enough to have people to share them with

But most times, we tend to shoulder the burden ourselves

 

So, here’s my confession in line with a promise made

To live up to my potentials and be the best of me while at it

But I solemnly swear that I’ve been below par in recent years

Which I consider being an indictment against all parties concerned

A status I'm willing to change through needful steps

 

If you consider my writings a blessing, give glory to The Author of all

But if it makes you feel edgy, feel free to look into the mirror of the words

After all, we are, but a subset of a larger part, way bigger than us

And our role we must play effectively for the goal to be achieved

Or we get rooted out and replaced, possibly without a second chance