Man on Mission


 

The calling before me

Speaks of crown and glory 

But the things I must do

Require great insight and vigour

 

The road map ahead of me

Calls for extreme perseverance

For that which must be done

Is able to change the course of history

 

I’m a man on a mission

With a dignified sense of reasoning

Willing to pay some required sacrifices

For peace to take its place among men

 

For this, I choose to be courageous

Not for me but for all and sundry

Who seems to have lost all hope

Of any light at the tunnel’s end

 

I am a man on a mission

In a battle that good tidings may come to be

Unto them whose world seems dark and foggy

That they may have some illumination

 

I am on a path for justice

To every bereaved soul out there

Who mourns for the joy taken from them

That they may live to tell the tale of restoration

 

So, until every heart gets flooded in light

With love and sense of belonging

And hope seems alive for humanity again

I am, and will be on this mission.