The Perfect Rest



All-round have I travelled

As far as my feet could carry me

Seeking for consolation and rest


From many men have I asked

Lots of places did I visit

And unto many gods did I pay homage

 

Giving different offerings

Diverse sacrifices in appease

In various manner did I offer out of ignorance

But in all, my life was nothing but a complete chaos

 A perfect example of disorder


Not until I met that Man of Galilee

Then I realised I’ve been living next to hades

For all I experienced was hardship and slavery

Under the custodians of these profiteers and powerless gods

 

My laughter and smiles were with hidden pains

Rest and consolation I went looking for

But torment and desolation was all I got

 

Glory was the day His grace found me

Since then all I’ve been blessed with this inner peace

And the joy written all over my face

 

Now I feel like a sprouting plant

Gently watered and nurtured in His vineyard

My spirit and soul now in perfect rest

For I’ve been privileged to know Him

The Prince of Peace