My Vow

 


My queen, my love, wife of my youth

With your hands in mine, I feel at peace

Even as we begin this new life together

Not ignoring the possibility of some life’s packages

That may sometimes be unpleasant and draining

Even with that, I’m positive about the things to come

Because I’ll have you beside me in every step taken


You are to me like the rays of sunlight

Travelling through the moist clouds of June

That helps create colourful and artistic moments

Just like the one I experience every time I’m with you

These indescribable moments tend to leave me awestruck

And that makes my face glow with a smile


For you, I’ll become indispensable like the air you breathe

I’ll be the root to your tree, broad, deep, and well connected

Strong enough to hold us firm even when the storm comes

To you, I’ll fulfil my duties according to the depth of His grace

As the Shepard and Bishop of this new home

Between us, there will be no divided vision, no divided voice

And the only third-party I'll allow in this union

Will be the Spirit of the Living Word that brought us together

So you don’t have to worry about a thing my life witness

These, to you are my vow this day


Thank you for being the light in my dark hours

Thank you for giving us a chance to exist

Thank you for being you, my wonderful woman

Here, hold my hand, as we begin this conjugal bliss

Let’s go create more colourful memories together

Shall we?