What Will I Tell My God?


 

Some life scenario does bring us great pain

Like that of multiple fractured bones

They run deep with the strength of a waterfall

Leaving us bodily squashed and spirit-broken

 

But if because of my pains I choose to end me

An abuse of His love just because it's dark all around

When I appear before Him in judgment

How will I plead my case to justification?

 

If because of my sensed to be hopeless situation

I choose to denigrate His ever available love

By going after lesser gods for aid

When I finally stand before Him

What will be my defence speech?

 

If because of my wounded and broken spirit of love

I choose to walk in hate against fellow-being

Raining down on them like fire and brimstone

Just like the days of Sodom and Gomorrah

When I get to show up before Him

What will I claim to be the cause?

 

If due to my unmet earthly needs

I decide to take a walk back to the accursed nation

Because of its resource and self-support

When I appear before my God

What will be my vindication?

 

When He says to me depart, you worker of wrong

And the devil have my soul dragged to hades

What then shall I claim to be my gain?

When my Lord’s love I have deserted