My Life Witness

 


Amidst billions of people

Have I been searching for the unknown

I walked so long that my legs ache

And at night, I fought tears looking at the stars

Because I wished my life could glitter like them

With the presence of whom I’ve been searching for

But no one I’ve been privileged to meet

Was even close to my sketch

And no one seems to care, even when fatigue had me retch

Year after year, life’s drama was the same

Couldn’t see a soul that’s perfect

That will fit into my life’s frame

And the worry of me passing the earth

Without meeting you, had my face wrinkled

While I was buried deep in thought

My precious ink got dried up

Without filling out my empty pages

I was like a traveller lost at sea

Despite the depth around me, my thirst remained

But out of the blue, you appeared

Making me wonder if this is reality or delusion

You coming my way was fate graced

My appointed life witness