Your Word




You cause me to shiver

because your words are a wonder

They leave me torn

between a smile and a sigh

And I can’t help it


Sometimes it makes me passionate

You may not realize the power they wield

Whether softly or intensely spoken

But they’re kept within me, locked up

Like the memoirs of my childhood

Which I do reminisce on

When I’m alone, missing you

I re-call and re-read them

Intense or tenderly spoken

Affecting me until I’m left rendered

Powerless against my heart’s flutter


Your words craft me

Like a lump of clay in the potter’s hands

Until it makes a masterpiece of me

And comfortably do I feel tucked in

Like a baby, in the love your word carries

So lovingly delivered to my ears like music

As the wind whistle them in pleasing rhythms


Your words have reached my heart and soul

Trust me, they make me shiver