To a Ro-Man at Sixth

 


The prestige of my existence

Is entrenched in the relationships in my life

And the memories they’ve helped create

The one’s I’m happy it came by

Or the godawful I wish could be long forgotten

But when my act brought out the third-rated in you

It makes me question if I’m worthy of you

Even though I consider myself to be a shadow

The kind of person you see often

But have little or no knowledge of


For the goal, I can be a perfect cast

An actor within and without

A part of me I often wonder of its source

But cannot deny for it’s a hidden strength


So, here’s my unreserved apology

For making you think of me as known

If I could write my future with ink

Be sure you’ll be on every page of it


My time with you made me realize

The worth of having someone, so sincere and true

A package I consider myself not worthy of

Because I’ll always be the acting shadow