To The God of Time



Days to nights, nights to days

Gradually, time is flowing by

A measure of my life in passing

In a place you’ve destined me to live

while I’m busy doing this countdown

In the awareness of my numbered days

Here on this green planet of yours

To the place of my eternal rest

I know I've prayed for a lot of things

And will possibly pray for more before exit

But, having You in my life

Was a decision I made, not a wish

I know You have fidelity, rest assured

Please, keep to Your words to me

It’s the only thin line of hope

I’ll be holding on to in passing

While crossing this life's dark tunnel

That I may not spend the rest of my days in regrets

For it may affect the kind of person

You sincerely desire me to be here

Let the days of bliss come quick

And let them linger for longer

Nor let the peace of mind You promised

Pass me by while in waiting