Beyond The Scar


Behold I will make all things new says the Lord

Hope you know you’re a reflection of that word

The testimony the world needs to see

So they can have an understanding of this truth

For beyond your scars, I see beauty

The beauty of heart, mind, and soul

Beyond the scars, do you see what I see?

 

They may believe it'll be hard loving your kind

But this I know, a doctor is for the sick and not the healthy

And I'm willing to nurse you back with every love in me

Because I’ve been privileged to see beyond the facades and pain

What did I see?

I saw a virtuous woman

I saw my wife

I saw my heartbeat

I saw my companion

I saw my lover

I saw my better half

I saw my life

I saw a mother to nations

Wait a minute, I saw you!

Beyond the scars, do you see what I see?

 

God has you in the palm of His hands

I have you in every fiber of my heart

You make me smile every time you talk to me

My heart skips a beat every time you say you love me

How could it be that this so-called ‘‘far gone” person can love right?

Behold, with God, absolutely nothing is impossible!

Beyond the scars do you see what I see?

 

So every time you feel like giving up

Take your time, look at what He has built you to become

Our future is weaved in with each other and I’m here to stay

I’m your right hand 'man' on any day, Aaron to your Moses

Just call me and I’ll be there

Forget the scars; forget what’s wrong

Let’s focus on you, my crowned Queen

Because I’m living beyond the scars with you

If you could ever count the number of stars

Then, maybe my love for you will have an end

But till then, beyond the scars, this I've purposed to do

Love you like no other, my Sunshine