Life


 

You're too wise for your age has always been the talk

But my reply has and will always be the same

I've seen life, in fact, she's my neighbour

And the time spent with her has taught me things

Things I couldn't pick from the pages of a book

That she's a cruel teacher, who won't overlook my mistakes

Neither will she put into consideration, what I've been through

Be it a long-gone painful experience or a just healing case

So what wisdom is it, if I choose to act foolishly

When one thing is sure, she's not that forgiving

And when I refuse to get wisdom from her past teachings

Again and again, she'll teach me, like a new recruit

I can't even take a chance with her, she'll always win

So, it's only just that I bring myself to a place of knowledge

That I may get the best out of life without much bleeding