Some Dreams



Some dreams don’t come true and it hurts

Especially when you are being reminded of it

Even after sinking in a whole lot of effort

With the hope to see it grow in light for all to see

Especially the type that could have brought balance

And added more happiness and peace of mind

Hmm!

Being reminded of such things makes you feel... Sigh!

Feelings that make you wanna step back and binge

At such times, I only have myself challenged

Dragged out of my seems to be a comfort zone

Based on the thoughts of the few who look up to me

The very few who consider me to be a source of strength

In times like this, external motivation rarely helps

However, being aware of what could suffer some setbacks

In the future years to come, keeps me on my toes, pushing

With this, I'm assured of light at the end of the tunnel

So, I’m at peace within me

Even though it may not be as bright as envisaged upon arrival

But I'm certain about a light at the other end

And I look forward to seeing it

More of the reason why giving up was never an option