Patriots and Traitors

 



I write to you, those who love without borders

The very few amidst you with the 7th sense

Strong enough to take a stand when the need arises

Who derives absolute joy in seeing others smile

 

I write to you as well, you who hate for a reason

Whose trust and sincerity had once been shattered

Like a heathen smashed against a stone

And couldn't find solace in your moment of despair

 

Even though I'm writing with this earnest hope

That the power of these letters won't fail me

To convey in an actual sense my heartfelt words to you

As I put these scattered thoughts into ink

With the belief that it'll resonate with yours

And maybe find wholeness in your sacred minds

 

To love or to hate, are all part of life's experience

A part of your subconscious existence as a human

Mostly a feeling you may not be able to control, like a reflex

But are part of your being, defining who you are

 

So, if I may say, be it love or hate; your feelings are valid

And for this story of mine to be complete and just

Both, who are seen as patriots and traitors

Must all be written about




Share your thoughts with me here